This aim of this course is to provide an awareness and understanding of the use of chemicals in the offshore oil and gas industry. You will learn about associated environmental, legislative and regulatory aspects, along with practical advice on permitting and management of chemicals.
- Identify the typical activities and operations utilising chemicals in the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Give examples of the potential environmental issues associated with chemical use offshore.
- Recognise the relevant legislative and regulatory bodies governing chemical use offshore.
- Describe the process for applying for a permit.
- Identify how the use of chemicals offshore are inspected, monitored and enforced.
- Describe the associated roles, responsibilities and best practice for legislative compliance.
- Explain best practice for the storage and disposal of chemicals.
- Detail the typical steps that should be taken in response to a chemical spill.
- Duration: 45 minutes (approx.)
- No prerequisite is required for this course.